Friday, December 10, 2010

A Well Seasoned Venison Chop

The Venison Chops
 I had some well deserved time off from GMA and decided to spend it away from the big A, so off I went. Some friends were hunting there for the week so I engaged in some wild game cookery and much needed R and R. Not bad for a food obsessed in need of rest person. My idea of a great time.
                                          

                          This is my friend the hunter preparing the chops.


Here I am cooking the chops. Well seasoned liberally with coarse grain sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sauteed over high heat in a cast iron skillet in olive oil and a pat of butter, medium rare.


                           

These chops were by far the best meat I have ever tasted, hands down, Amen.


Writing recipe and photos by Karen Pickus 2010
Courtesy Karen Pickus 2010

No comments:

Finished Slaw

Finished Slaw
Ready to eat!