Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Quick and Easy Bakes













Hi Folks, I am back... after about 2 long months hiatus I have finally had a moment to get back to blogging. Sooo glad you are with me!... My daughter is back at school, and the summer is officially over.
I am recently on a tear for quick and easy, delicious and nutritious meals as I am fortunate enough to be working like crazy and need fast yummy results!
I like homecooked meals because number 1, I love good food. #2, I save time and money, and my husband prefers it.
Here is a meal I recently made that was surprising delicious, the chicken was sooo tender and the meal provided some richness but not excessively so. This served 2 for lunch but you could easily multiply the amounts and serve it to 4, 6 or a whole crowd.

Mexicali Bake

1 cup sliced white mushrooms
1/3 cup picked and washed cilanto leaves.
2 sprigs fresh oregano leaves
1/2 med onion, diced
1/2 fresh poblano pepper, diced
1 large chicken thigh (about 8oz.) cut into bite sized pieces.
1/2 cup prepared tomato sauce

1/3 cup shredded cheddar

Preheat oven to 500 degrees

In a 6x10" oven proof baking dish place the mushrooms on the bottom top with the cilantro and the oregano.
Then add the onion and poblano pepper. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Top with the chicken and cover with the sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Lift off the foil and top with the cheese. Place back in the oven until cheese melts.  Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve while hot. Serves 2.

Writing, photos and recipes by Karen Pickus
Courtesy Karen Pickus 2011

No comments:

Finished Slaw

Finished Slaw
Ready to eat!