Thursday, February 25, 2010

My morning at GMA

Today we had The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond on the show. She was lovely, smiley and very tall. She did a great job with her demo. I had fun decking out the set with horses and stage coaches that I convinced Maria, our illustrious food producer, to have Marty, our amazing outside prop man, order for the set. I made pot roasts enough for all of the various stages of the demo, for the platters and, for the anchors to taste. I also made her gratin potatoes, lettuce wedges with creamy ranch and a copious amount of brownies to show on the set, and for the audience to taste. The crew really enjoyed the food after wards. Joe, my buddy and amazing, steadfast, work cohort was in a fine mood this morning. We had our usual laughs while working hard to get the set ready for the show. Big D, that's Da, always helps in his multitude of awesome ways. From his warm encouragement, to his generous praise, to helping to bring the platters to the table for me, then helping to bring the tables upstairs to the set. He is responsible for anything big or small coming through the doors for the show. These are some of the behind the scenes folks that are an important part of making it all happen, and have for the most part enhanced my days there as well as my life in general!

Drawings,Photos and Written by Karen Pickus
Courtesy Karen Pickus 2010

No comments:

Finished Slaw

Finished Slaw
Ready to eat!